Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Little Bit of a Sweet Tooth

I have a sweet tooth, especially when it comes to chocolate.  I prefer milk chocolate first, white second and dark last-- even though dark chocolate has antioxidants and a variety of health benefits when consumed sparingly.  I'm trying to get more into dark chocolate for those reasons.  But being a naughty vegan when it comes to candy is just so much more fun!

Sometimes after I eat I want to finish it off with something sweet.  But eating cookies and candy and chocolate regularly is something I try not to do.  And for the most part, I keep them out of my house because I know I don't have much willpower.  So, as an alternative to calorie-laden, high-fat treats, I eat Clif Kid Organic Z Bar in Chocolate Brownie or S'mores.  They're chock-full of vitamins and minerals and only have 130 calories per bar.   The secret to making them taste less like a nutrition bar and more like a dessert is to nuke them in the microwave for 25 seconds!!

My other two go-tos are Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds and ZenSoy Chocolate Pudding. Yum!  A tip: buy the almonds in the convenient 100-calorie packs so they're handy, and it prevents you from eating the entire container of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment