Thursday, October 27, 2011

You're So Vanilla

I have been looking for a good body lotion that smells yummy for awhile now.  I tried Bath & Body works, but all of those scents were overwhelming.  I looked at the lotion aisle in Target, and the smells were just too boring.  I wanted something subtle, delicious and hydrating.  And I found it!

My latest obsession for dry skin: Boots Extracts Vanilla Body Butter.  It's made with organic and community-traded shea butter, cocoa butter and vanilla extracts.  It is so thick and it feels like you're putting vanilla frosting on your body!  But it rubs in very easily, unlike Bath & Both Works Lay It On Thick-- which is great but it takes some muscles to spread it on your skin.  And of course, the Boots Body Butter smells great!  I love the smell of vanilla, but sometimes it's hit or miss.  I like it when my candles smell like cookies, but I want my skin to smell more natural.  That's exactly how this smells thanks to high quality ingredients.

I have the worst dry skin ever.  My hands and lips crack and break the second the leaves change color.  I've experimented with a lot of things, and here are my winter favorites that you can find at any drugstore:

Chapped lips:  Nivea A Kiss of Intense Moisture Medicated lip care, .20 oz, $4
Cracked hands: Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment, 1.75 oz, $6
Dry skin: Boots Extracts Body Butter in Vanilla, Avocado, Olive Oil or Mango, 6.7 oz, $10
Winter hair: Organix Moroccan Argan Oil, 13 oz, $8
Face:  Boots Organic Face Super Balm, .52 oz, $9

No comments:

Post a Comment