Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's All Greek to Me

I have a new obsession.

I just went home for the first time in over a year, and there was an abundance of food and wine.  The same day I got picked up from the airport was the day my mother hosted a bridal shower at our house.  Needless to say, there was leftover food.  A new recipe my mom had just tried out that afternoon was one for greek nachos.  It may sound weird, but hear me out, because these things are fantastic... and addicting! (I must have easily had a dozen of them!)

Take Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips (or toasted, broken pieces of evenly cut pita bread if you'd rather not eat chips) and fill them with a little bit of plain hummus, top with a mixture of diced tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and Kalamata olives, and then sprinkle on some feta cheese.  The Scoops work well because it holds everything neatly together in one little pocket, and you get all the flavors in one bite!

I am in love with these appetizers.  They are absolutely delicious!  The only downfall is that if they sit for awhile, the hummus will make the chip soggy.  Fortunately, I had no problem eating them and polishing off the plate before that could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment